God did amazing things in the lives of Florida Baptists in 2018 and we can’t wait to see what He has in store for 2019! Here are some of the most memorable stories from last year.
- The Florida Baptist Witness went completely digital!
- The first-ever Florida Baptist Communicators Network kicked off.
- Florida Baptists celebrated taking the lead in SBC Cooperative Program giving in 2017.
- Ministry leaders around the state made new connections and gained resources at #Sharper2018.
- People learned how to be more intentional about sharing their faith during the Evangelism conferences that took place in each region.
- Thousands of people were baptized as part of the Acts 2:41 Beach Baptism event.
- The State Mission Offering was once again funneled into South Florida through the #SendSouthFlorida emphasis.
- The Baptist College of Florida celebrated its 75th anniversary with a new scholarship available for students.
- Florida Baptists gathered for the 157th Florida Baptist State Convention.
- Florida Baptists mourned as students were gunned down in Parkland, FL.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Michael, Florida Baptist Disaster Relief responded immediately to help churches and communities recover from the devastation. Through Churches Helping Churches, churches that were not impacted by the storm could partner with a church that needed help to get back on their feet.
- One Family Worship Night brought diverse church families together in spite of their differences.
- Florida Baptist pastors became more intentional about ending racism.
- Hundreds were encouraged to learn how to impact our culture with the truth of the Gospel at the Culture Shift Conference.
- Florida Baptist churches partnered together to help Puerto Rican refugees displaced from Hurricane Maria.
- Many church leaders in Haiti graduated from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Florida Baptists sent hope and help to the U.S. Virgin Islands after Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
- The Mobile Dental Unit traveled the state giving free dental care and Gospel conversations.
- Migrant ministries provided for the needs of migrant workers and their families in our state.
- Florida Baptist women’s ministries set out to minister to victims of human trafficking and other women in need.
- Hundreds of volunteers poured into the lives of children through VBS.
- Baptist Collegiate Ministries ministered to students at Florida International University in Miami after a pedestrian bridge collapsed.
- The Florida Baptist Convention kicked off the Write Beside You initiative with the goal of partnering every public school in the state with a Florida Baptist church.