We give thanks to God always for you all 1 Thess 1:2 NKJV
I want to salute the many Volunteers who by their good example have made such a difference in serving others this past year. From South Carolina, to West Virginia, to Louisiana and here in Florida, Disaster Relief Volunteers demonstrated in word and in deed the love of Christ in serving those impacted by floods and hurricanes. Thank you volunteers! You are amazing! Thank you for your generous and sacrificial labors of love! Thank you for your “can do” attitudes as you faced the varied opportunities to stand beside survivors! Thank you for extra hours, tireless efforts, and joyful spirits that brought hope, help, and healing to so many! Thank you for giving me the privilege of serving with YOU! Indeed, we give thanks to God always for you all! – Delton Beall
We are getting prepared for the 2018 Training are you? Here is the information on 2018 training dates.
We assist all people in crisis
The Disaster Relief Ministry allows Florida Baptist to act immediately and effectively as Jesus did to help people. When people are hurting because of a disaster, we respond with love, healing, and help. We assist all people in crisis regardless of ethnic background or religious beliefs. We do not ask the survivors for financial support.Motivation
- Disaster Relief efforts can be summed up in one phrase: “A cup of cold water in Jesus name”
- We are following the example of Jesus when He fed 5,000 and 4,000 and when he stopped to help just one person in need.
- His teachings in the parable of the Good Samaritian- Luke 10:30-34
- Disaster Relief is Christian Love in action, meeting urgent needs of hurting humanity in crisis situations.
- Jesus often used teaching sessions to heal or healing to teach. When He sent the twelve disciples, He instructed them to teach and to heal, giving first priority to teaching. However, when He sent forth the seventy, He instructed them to heal then to teach.
The mission of Florida Baptist Disaster Relief and Recovery Ministries is to “Make a difference” in times of disaster by connecting Florida Baptist Churches and Associations to people and communities impacted by disaster and by responding with Help, Healing, and Hope, that demonstrates and shares the love of Christ.