Disaster Relief seeks to involve every church and member in this ministry. By being trained and credentialed you will be ready to serve in the event of a disaster. We offer in person trainings for credentialing volunteers from March to June. You are encouraged to attend a training when offered in your area to experience the full benefit of hands on trainings. We also have provided for you online trainings. Noted on this page and elsewhere on our website is information for our training dates and locations in 2021 – usually 7 trainings are spread around the state each year.
We look forward to seeing you at one or more of these trainings.
Steps to Become a Credentialed Volunteer
- (Each colored word will link you to the proper site to complete that step)
- Complete a background check. The Florida Baptist Convention requires a background check for all credentialed volunteers, which is good for three years.
- For in person trainings, choose a date/location to attend and register on site the day of the event. For online training, follow the on-line process for registration and training below.
- We will identify needs and notify you via email with site information where and when you may serve.
- We look forward to ministering together!
Online Process for registering and training
Register– entering all information. This is for both returning and/or new volunteers. There is a $10.00 registration fee per person that may be paid with a credit card. You only need to register once a year no matter how many classes you take.
Watch the Orientation segment videos. You may watch these separately or all at one time. When finished, answer the short questionnaire. The questionnaire will be sent to the office and your attendance will be recorded. This is required of all beginning volunteers and when renewing your badge (once every three years).
Choose a ministry area class you would like to take and/or review. Again, answer the questionnaire at the end which will record your attendance of this class.
- Clean Up & Recovery
- Safe Food Handling
- Emergency Response Team
- Administrative Support
- Assessment Training
- Flood Response Training
- Trailer Safety Training
- Spiritual Care and Chaplaincy | Becoming a Chaplain Instructions | Application
- Temporary Childcare Training
- Introductory Communications Volunteer Training
- Communications Trailer Operations Manual
- Advanced Administration/Google Docs
You may take as many ministry area classes as you desire – remembering to answer the questionnaire at the end to have your attendance recorded.
Allow a few weeks following your background clearance, registration, and class attendance to receive your badge. If we do not have a current headshot picture of you, one will be requested. Pictures may be selfies. When sending a picture, please remember – no hats or sunglasses may be worn in the shot, and a plain background should be used (for instance – a clear wall).
For online trainings, you will order your hat, shirt, and lanyard from IWantYellow.com At the time you place your order, you will need to provide your badge number. When ordering, you may decide to order extra shirts and items, which is perfectly acceptable. Whatever you order will be at your expense. Registration cost has been reduced since we will not be providing these items.
Any questions – email us.