Florida Baptist Global Hunger Relief Day is Sunday, July 10, 2016 with the theme, It Could Be Me!
Hunger doesn’t come in just one size or shape. Hunger strikes the homeless person, the single mom, the working poor, the father who just lost his job and has a family to feed, or the senior adult who lives on a fixed income and has unexpected medical expenses. It could be you–or me–or anyone of us.
When you give to the Florida Baptist Global Hunger Relief, you are supporting a movement of caring people and churches who are on the frontlines of the hunger battle—the under-employed, people in your neighborhoods, your school, your workplace; and yes, in your church. People who have had a sudden and unexpected financial setback, or just need a helping hand.
By giving to the Florida Baptist Global Hunger Relief offering, you can help feed the hungry in Florida, across the nation and across the world. Your gift will make a difference in sharing the food with the poor and needy…
When you give to the Florida Baptist Global Hunger Relief:
- 25% is distributed by the Florida Baptist Convention to hunger ministries in local churches and associations
- 15% is sent to the North American Mission Board to alleviate hunger in North America
- 60% is sent to the International Mission Board for worldwide hunger relief
To help you promote the offering, these materials are available:
- Video – The 2016 Florida Baptist Global Relief video is available for viewing and downloading by clicking here (High Def 1080p, mp4, 1920×1080) or you may order a DVD along with the other promotion materials.
- Bulletin insert
- Offering envelope
- Monthly calendar for families, children and youth Bible Study groups, RAs, GAs, and Awanas
For other resources go to www.gobgr.org
Many Florida Baptist Churches will observe the offering on Sunday, July 10, but others may choose to participate in the Southern Baptist Convention “Global Hunger Relief” emphasis on Sunday, October 9. Undated promotional materials produced by the Florida Baptist Convention can be used for either observance and are available free of charge.