On his website, Charles said the theme – “Fulfill Your Ministry! – is meant to spur pastors on to be faithful to their call to local ministry.
“I am excited about the leadership of H.B. Charles for the SBC Pastors Conference,” said Tommy Green, executive director-treasurer of the Florida Baptist Convention. “He is a dynamic leader in Florida and the Southern Baptist Convention.”
Charles, the first African-American president of the SBC Pastors’ Conference, is known for his strong preaching style and the line-up of speakers this year will definitely follow suit.
“I’m honored and ecstatic to be a part of this Pastors’ Conference in Dallas this year for the SBC,” Triggs wrote on Facebook. “The vision Pastor H.B. Charles, Jr. is carrying out as the first African-American President of this conference is much needed as well!”
Other speakers include:
- Bryan Carter – Concord Church | Dallas, Texas
- Charlie Dates – Progressive Baptist Church | Chicago, Illinois
- Jack Graham – Prestonwood Baptist Church | Plano, Texas
- J.D. Greear – Summit Church | Durham, North Carolina
- Tony Evans – Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship | Dallas, Texas
- James Merritt – Cross Pointe Church | Sugarloaf, Georgia
- Ray Pritchard – Keep Believing Ministries | Dallas, Texas
- Juan Sanchez – High Pointe Baptist Church | Austin, Texas
- Robert Smith – Beeson Divinity School | Birmingham, Alabama
- Daven Watkins – First Baptist Church | Pelham, Alabama
The conference will also feature special guest Frank Pomeroy, pastor of First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs in Texas, who will share how he’s been trusting God since his daughter and 25 other members of his congregation were killed when a gunman walked into the church during Sunday morning worship.
Worship will be led by recording artist Joe Pace and the Shiloh choir.
“To reach this culture and generation for Christ, we must live faithful lives, preach faithful messages, and lead faithful congregations,” Charles wrote on his website. “Each message will be a call to faithfulness.”
Green said he is grateful for the theme and the great lineup of preachers.
“It will be a time of encouragement, challenge, and inspiration,” he said. “I am looking forward to this gathering in Dallas!”
By Nicole Kalil, Florida Baptist Convention, March 15, 2018