A word from Dr. Green . . . 2017 has witnessed many Kingdom stewardship opportunities for Florida Baptists!
The generosity of Florida Baptists through the Cooperative Program continues to open doors of ministry for our work together. I rejoice that our churches are faithful in giving and the Lord multiplies these funds for Great Commission ministry.
The following items reflect the graciousness of God to Florida Baptists throughout 2017:
- Selling the downtown Baptist Building
- Contributing 51% of the building sale to the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Purchasing of new Baptist Building in Jacksonville at Belfort Oaks Place from proceeds of the downtown building sale
- Establishing the John Sullivan Chair of Baptist History at the Baptist College of Florida through the proceeds of the building sale
- Establishing the History and Heritage Center at the Baptist College of Florida to archive the historical documents of the Florida Baptist Convention in a central location
- Sponsoring the Sharper! conference at 18 Florida Baptist churches with more than 2,500 in attendance
- Rejoicing in Acts 2:41 Beach Baptism Sunday as churches across Florida celebrated with more than 1,500 baptisms
- Celebrating a 4.5% increase in baptisms in our Florida Baptist churches over the previous year
- Gifting of Blue Springs Conference Center to the Baptist College of Florida
- Providing $2 million to 114 Florida Baptist churches for church planting and church revitalization throughout Florida
- Granting more than $900,000 to Florida Baptist churches and pastors recovering from Hurricane Irma
- Adding of Myles Dowdy as Missions/Ministry Catalyst, Mark MacDonald as Communication Catalyst, Craig Culbreth as East Regional Catalyst, Gary Townsend as North Regional Catalyst, Patrick Coats as full-time Black/Multicultural Catalyst, Nathan Schneider as BCM Director at USF, and Ricky Bailey as BCM Director at UM, to the Florida Baptist Convention Team
- Continuing the transition of Lake Yale Conference Center to a Cooperating Ministry of the Florida Baptist Convention
- Continuing partnerships with Haiti, Cuba and West Virginia, while adding a new partnership with Montreal
- Shifting of the operation of the Florida Baptist Witness to the Florida Baptist Convention
- Resourcing Send South Florida emphasis through Maguire State Mission Offering funds for church planting, revitalization, replanting, multi-sites, and ministry opportunities
God continues to shower His blessing and favor upon Florida Baptists. We are extremely thankful for the unity of Florida Baptists in the Great Commission ministry through the Cooperative Program and target offerings. We rejoice in all that God continues to do for His glory through the churches of the Florida Baptist Convention!